As part of our mission statement, we are committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2030 or sooner, whilst helping our clients reduce their emissions too.
We are passionate about property; it’s a privilege to be able to help people find the home they want to live in, but with 40% of the UK’s greenhouse gas emissions coming from households, we know we have a moral obligation to play our part in reducing this down as much as possible. As a business we’re intent on leading by example to achieve Net Zero by 2030.
In December 2021 we partnered with Carbon Footprint Ltd (more details below) to work with us to help calculate the carbon footprint of Church Robinson (as part of the Jones Robinson Group) as a business, which we are starting to do in January 2022. The entire team will then work together to reduce our emissions as much as we can by taking steps which have a positive impact on the environment. Our primary goal is to reduce or completely remove as many harmful behaviours and activities as possible to neutralise the impact of our actions. Only then, when we’ve done all we can to minimise our carbon footprint, will we seek to offset any remaining emissions. We’ll do this through existing initiatives which work primarily in sectors relevant to the home such as distributing fuel-efficient stoves which reduces deforestation, and projects to provide clean drinking water via boreholes.
And we’re committing to going further still.
We intend to share our knowledge with our tenants, landlords, sub-contractors, vendors, suppliers and other agents to help them on their journey to Net Zero.
We’re all in this together.
Our journey to achieving Net Zero has three key steps:
• Define the Jones Robinson Group view of what Net Zero looks like for us
• Calculate our carbon footprint for the business across all scopes
• Define and allocate emissions to the relevant Scope (1, 2 or 3)
• Outline the Jones Robinson Group vision for Net Zero
• Create and launch a central pillar of climate action in our business model
• Identify which greenhouse gas emissions we can easily reduce or remove in the short term and which we can avoid in the long term
• Set definitive and transparent targets to remove, reduce and offset all emissions we identify
• Reduce or remove the carbon emissions of the business through positive action
• Identify appropriate initiatives so we can offset any remaining emissions
• Communicate our climate action to our team, clients, communities and industry
• Implement a programme of education and activities to assist others in their journey to Net Zero
Our partners, Carbon Footprint Ltd, are one of the most trusted climate change solutions providers in the world and work with a wide range of customers, from small to medium sized companies (SMEs) to global brands and public and private sectors alike, to shape the agenda for environmental and carbon management for businesses. Carbon Footprint Ltd is a family owned and managed business focused on providing climate change solutions who:
• Have been helping organisations reduce & offset emissions for more than 15 years
• Host and manage the most popular carbon calculator on the internet (with over 400,000 unique visitors per month)
• Support around 100 carbon reduction projects around the world and have access to many more
• Were a founding member of the Quality Assurance Standard (QAS) for carbon offsetting
• Are regularly asked by the BBC and other media to provide expert comment on Climate Change Solutions and Carbon Offsetting
• Have provided services to hundreds of organisations including The United Nations, UK Government, Tata Steel, IKEA, Candy Group, Deutsche Bank, Pfizer, Axminster Carpets, Business Link, Winchester University, Rightmove, BMW, DHL, plus many local councils and UK energy companies