Upsizing is an exciting life change. If you’re looking to upsize, we can help you find the ideal home for your budget. We’ve got the local know how to find the type of property you’re after or seek out the type of area in which you’d like to live. We’ll even let you know when properties come up for sale before they’re listed online.
When upsizing your home, there are a few things for you to consider:
- What will your budget be? If you’re not sure, we can put you in touch with one of our trusted, local mortgage advisors. Once you know your budget, our expert team will help you match your budget and your expectations in terms of location, property size, parking, number of bedrooms and garden size.
- Calculate extra purchasing and living costs: stamp duty, conveyancing, moving costs, home repairs, and general bills for amenities etc.
- Work out your must haves from your maybes. Even with an unlimited budget it’s difficult to find your perfect home so it’s important to know what you’re willing to compromise on and what you’re not.
- Research the local area both online and on foot and make sure you visit the local area at different times of day. If you still love it in rush hour when it’s raining then it’s the place for you! We can advise you on local amenities, transport options and your desired school’s catchment area.
When it comes to upsizing your home, here’s what you can expect from us:
- We will prepare a full suite of marketing material for your property
- We will contact our database of waiting buyers
- Viewings are usually accompanied and our key holding service enables us to show people around without disturbing you
- We will endeavour to give you feedback within 48 hours and report back regularly
- Offers will be passed on immediately and we’ll work very hard to achieve the right price for you
- When an offer is agreed we check out everyone in the chain, not just your buyer, to ensure your sale is proceedable
- Our progression team will chase up mortgage lenders, solicitors and other estate agents involved in the chain to make sure everything runs smoothly in a timely manner
- You are guaranteed our support all the way to a successful completion